We are glad to announce the kick-off of the European Research project, TrendMiner on Large-scale, Cross-lingual Trend Mining and Summarization of Real-time Media Streams
Today in Luxembourg starts TrendMiner project (Large-scale, Cross-lingual Trend Mining and Summarization of Real-time Media Streams). It is a three-year European project funded by the European Commission through the Seventh Research Framework Program (FP7-ICT) and under Project No 287863.
Beside Internet Memory Foundation are involved:
- Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH(Germany) as Coordinator,
- The University of Sheffield (United Kingdom),
- Ontotext AD (Bulgaria),
- University of Southampton (UK),
- Eurokleis S.R.L. (Italy),
- Sora Ogris & Hofinger GmbH (Austria)
- and Hardik Fintrade Pvt Ltd. (India).
This project aims at delivering innovative, portable open-source real-time methods for cross-lingual mining and summarization of large-scale stream media.
IMF will contribute to the Platform for Real Time Media collection, Analysis and storage by :
- providing scalable infrastructure to partners, with support for integration and experiment.
- designing and developing an application-aware crawler mechanism for social media.
For more information on TrendMiner, please visit the Project website (under construction).